Founded in 2002
and created on the following principles:
- Abide by professional ethics and conduct
- Build long term relationships with
- Transfer knowledge and empower clients
- Provide excellent services at a fair
Carlos, the owner and principal
consultant, has over 30 years of cumulative
experience in business, technical, consulting,
and training environments. Highly accomplished and proven leader, employing unique blend of business and technology experience, helping organizations improve their operations, strategic execution, and profitability.
- Certified Project Management Professional
(PMP) and member of the Sacramento Valley
- Broad range of experience within the
Information Technology and Financial
- Wide variety of projects for both Private
and Public Sectors
- Project Management Office (PMO) Coordinator for California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) supporting Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act projects (MAUCRSA).
- Project Manager for Security Roadmap Projects at CalPERS, including Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Patch Management,
Procedures for Periodic Security Assessment, United States Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB), and the Automation of HR Recruitment project.
- Project Manager for Non-Profit Healthcare Organization, assisting with reorganization, accounting systems review, business process documentation, and Web site and Information Technology review.
- Chief Operating Officer and Director of Operations and Finance for a Web site development and management company, helping them grow from a startup to a near $1.0M in four years, by streamlining implementation methodologies, standardized tasks and deliverables, and utilization of business performance metrics and measurements.
- Engagement Manager for software integration company, improving profitability by influencing company policies, goals, operations, and objectives; Created Engagement Agreements, Sales Contracts, Consultant Agreements and standard project methodologies, all of which led to fewer project issues and shortened the project development lifecycle. Introduced new sales proposals and professional services agreements for all engagements which led to fewer client disputes, higher customer satisfaction ratings, and improved collection cycles.
- Implemented Knowledge Management Office for federal health agency, organized Communities of Practice groups, analysis of Content Management and Workflow software solutions, which enabled NIAID to organize and streamline requests for information and to provide official responses Congress and other high level organizations and public officials. Created IT Governance policies including project roles and responsibilities matrices.
Jo Burnett, Project Manager Consultant, CalPERS, September 29, 2015
"In my recent engagement as an IT Project Manager, I had the privilige of
working alongside Tom Carlos. I can state unequivocally that Tom is one
of the best project managers I have had the pleasure or working with.
Not only can he lead a project to completion, on time and under budget.
He takes the time to understand the culture of his client, and ensures
the projects he leads bring value to the organization."
Peter Hui, Financial Analyst , SERENA Software, March 4, 2010
“Tom is one of the most professional, ethical, diligent and articulate people I've had the pleasure to know and work with. During his time at SERENA, he made a number of significant contributions during his tenure with the company. I would not hesitate in recommending Tom.”
Ric Albani, President RMA Consulting Group, February 21, 2010
“I have hired Tom on several occasions and each time he has exceeded expectations. His most desirable qualification is his integrity. His commitment to his profession, clients, and his work products make him a resource that I will continue to utilize.”
John Swanson, Senior Technical Consultant , Infogenics, Inc. February 19, 2010
“I've worked with Tom while at Infogenics, A Microsoft Solution Provider in the SF Bay area and later at Creative Computer Consultants in Napa, CA. Tom has a fantastic talent for understanding complex business processes, identifying objectives and working toward a solution. As Practice Manager at Infogenics, he successfully organized and directed the consultancy teams toward the timely completion of Great Plains ERP solutions. Hi eye was always focused on the bottom line to insure profitability, customer satisfaction and repeat engagements. As Chief Operating Officer for Creative Computer Consultants, he organized the corporate finances and supervised day-to-day operations bringing in discipline in operations and a commitment to the customer. I've known Tom personally for about 10 years. He is a man of great integrity, compassion and intellect. He has shown time after time a willingness to be involved in his work and a passion for success.”
J. Chris Templeton, President, CEO , Influence Internet, February 2007
“Tom and I worked together for over two years during the ramp up of my company, a web development firm.. I knew I could count on Tom for a factual representation of where we were and where we were heading. Tom was responsible for all systems that allowed the business to handle projects between $1,000 and $500,000. He was responsible for working on all systems that helped to track our consultants as well as overseeing the financial side of the business. Probably the greatest testament to Tom's character is his continued consulting to our firm that runs to the present day. Tom is highly analytical and an excellent support to people that tend to be less detail oriented, such as myself.